($40 + $3.95 fee) March 25, 2016: I received no activation email.There is no "Resend Activation Email" feature.
This appears in many forums to be an ongoing, uncorrected issue with Reloadit for the past several years. I called support and still received no activation email. Support asked me to open a gmail account (specifically) and install Chrome browser (specifically) but afterward the website indicated no additional "safe" could be opened. I might presume each new customer device is node-locked at the network interface card level but no reference to such a policy is conspicuously stated on the outside of the pack.
Support clearly and falsely instisted the user has access to an abundance of devices with which to keep registering an account after the first failure. Supervisory Support offers only to open a ticket in 1-3 business days or to refund the purchase by snail mail after 30 days. I find it probably unwise and unsafe to cash a check from Reloadit, and even less safe to give them a physical mailing address. I refused also to give them my phone number, as they were already "holding my funds for ransom" and I don't want to add my personal data to their list of hostages.
I will expect the Reloadit Support ticket response as promised in 1-3 days at the email address to which their servers could not send the activation message, and if no response at that time, will telephone Support with the incident number.
I find this whole ordeal to have been a textbook example of class-action lawsuit material, if on no other grounds but failure to make proper disposition of funds under cloak of their "online safe" run-around.Their words: "Signing up is easy." and "All you need is an email to get started."
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Invasion of privacy
- Free loan for them
You May Also Like
- "I have been a Netspend customer for a couple of years, and before now, never had any issues. I signed up for their text message alerts, which texts my..."
- "I purchased a Reload It when the walgreens cashier didn't know how to load my card. Instead of taking 5 minutes to drive up the street to walmart, I just..."
- "Please look at the uploaded documents so that you can see what I'm talking about. I do not understand why "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" closed their files on..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."